Thursday 13 October 2011

I've Never Seen Star Wars

I have been asked to review a radio show from the past week, something I’ve never listened too before.  Trawling through the BBC iPlayer I see one of my favourite comedians at the moment, and my mums, Sarah Millican on I’ve Never Seen Star Wars on BBC Radio 4. It is hosted by Marcus Brigstocke and has a simple concept of having a personality on the show in front of a live studio audience to talk about things they have never seen or done before. In the case of Sarah Millican, eaten dim-sum, read the “Joy of Sex”, watched “Some like it hot” or visited the Natural History Museum (all of which I have never done), to which each Sarah Millican uses her comedic talents to share and explore her new experiences with Marcus Brigstock. I found the half hour broadcast enjoyable, funny and entertaining.

I find these types of shows can only be made where the guests are either comedians, or a public figure which everyone know and has something halfway interesting to say on the topic.

This is the types of radio broadcasts that I hope one day to write or produce. It’s well worth a listen.
Adam x

1 comment:

  1. I love this programme and huge fan of Sarah millican! Glad u reviewed it, very good! Xxx

    ReplyDelete